44402Re: How long can wash sit after fermentation - before distillation?

  • edbar44
    Oct 31, 2013
      I also throw the leftovers from the previous run into my wash after it's completely fermented out. Never had a problem. Although mine is usually about 60%. Prior to doing this, I always forgot to use it when making a run and always have about 600+ ml left so this really simplified things. I've had my wash sit for 3-4 months in the past but then again it's right around 20% give or take so that also discourages spoilage.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Jim Graves <jimbull34@...> wrote:

      > Mine usually sits around three weeks from start to finish.  The clearer the wash the better the taste has been my experience.  I'm doing sour mash and the feints are put back into the fermenter after distilling, after all it still has at least 45% alcohol in it, not by volumn, by %.  So, to directly answer your question, no.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic