44173Re: [new_distillers] thumper qustion

  • RLB
    Sep 14, 2013
      You really need to read www.homedistiller.org.  You are mixing up the function of pot stills and reflex stills.  Just so you know there are 4 different types of basic stills: pot, reflux, and fractional.  These 3 still types are normally used by large producers, moonshiners, home distillers, and artisans distillers.  The forth still type isn't used in the distillation of alcohol at this time.  I will not state what this forth type of still is because it did not go over well the first time I mentioned it in this forum.

      From: chris jude <vegbenz300@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 4:02 PM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] thumper qustion

      What is the effect of the height and/or volume of the liquid in the thumper?  Is there greater reflux with greater height, or does it just take longer to heat up the volume of liquid before the vapor will recondense?

      Chris

      On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM, M L <kekedog13@...> wrote:

      Ya put water or wash on it. The steam from the boiling kettle, heats it to boiling and then on to the condenser having been distilled twice.