      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] thumper qustion
      To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2013, 3:57 AM

      How do thumpers work?

      Sent from my iPhone
      On Sep 10, 2013, at 1:31 PM, M L <kekedog13@...>
      wrote:

      Id like to see a picture of that .

      On Sun, 9/8/13, RLB <last2blast@...>
      wrote:

      To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com"
      <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>

      Date: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 10:39 PM

      Why not use copper pipe as

      a thumper?  My thumper is made out of

      1/2" copper tubbing. A length of

      tubing, 90 degree elbow going down, 3 inch copper tubing

      vertical, a 90 degree elbow, 2" horizontal tubing, a
      "T"

      fitting with a 4" vertical tubing on top with a

      threaded cap.  A 2" tubing exiting the

      "T" horizontal. 90 degree elbow,

      3" vertical tubing, an elbow, and a length of copper

      tubing.  Connect the thumper in line using

      unions, and fill thumper by unscrewing

      filler cap.  Place a few inches

      of water or tails into thumper.

      It operates

      just like a large thumper, but it heats up

      fast and producing higher proof alcohol.  One draw
      back

      to this design is that it does provide a great deal of
      space

      for solids.  Wash needs to be solids free to prevent

      clogging.

      From: big mike

      <micael1802@...>

      new_distillers@yahoogroups.com

      Sent: Friday,

      September 6, 2013 11:37 AM

      [new_distillers] thumper qustion

      I have a pot still I want to add a thumper to it my
      pot is a

      15 gal beer keg any way will a 5 gal or a 2 gal plastic

      bucket work and be ok
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic