    Sep 11, 2013
      How do thumpers work?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 10, 2013, at 1:31 PM, M L <kekedog13@...> wrote:

      Id like to see a picture of that .
      On Sun, 9/8/13, RLB <last2blast@...> wrote:

      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] thumper qustion
      To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 10:39 PM

      Why not use copper pipe as
      a thumper?  My thumper is made out of
      1/2" copper tubbing. A length of
      tubing, 90 degree elbow going down, 3 inch copper tubing
      vertical, a 90 degree elbow, 2" horizontal tubing, a "T"
      fitting with a 4" vertical tubing on top with a
      threaded cap.  A 2" tubing exiting the
      "T" horizontal. 90 degree elbow,
      3" vertical tubing, an elbow, and a length of copper
      tubing.  Connect the thumper in line using
      unions, and fill thumper by unscrewing
      filler cap.  Place a few inches
      of water or tails into thumper.
      It operates
      just like a large thumper, but it heats up
      fast and producing higher proof alcohol.  One draw back
      to this design is that it does provide a great deal of space
      for solids.  Wash needs to be solids free to prevent
      clogging.

      From: big mike
      <micael1802@...>