      From: RLB <last2blast@...>
      To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 3:53 PM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Phone a Friend

      I live in New York and I sent a note asking my Senators to support 26 USC that would allow hobby distilling.

      In PA, you are more likely to find real live moonshines rather than hobby distillers.  There is a very big difference between hobby distilling and moonshining, so don't expect moonshiners to do anything that will draw attention to themselves.  Many of those new generation moonshiners have turned to Meth labs which are much more profitable.

      Remember that PA is a very large state that is 90% rural, and most of the rural state doesn't have Internet.  When I worked in PA, I was lucky to find cell phone service unless it was located a major state highway.  It's not fair to dump on PA because no one has contacted you over PA Senator's.  Remember that PA Government used to own every spirit store in the state, and there are 100 times more churches in the state than bars or private clubs that serve spirits.