    Aug 31, 2013
      I understand that...but how do you control the rate of spirit drip?

      Brian J. McGill

      On Aug 30, 2013, at 12:20, TODP <danimae@...> wrote:

      If you run a 1500W 110V element you don't even need a controller as it will barely warm up 8gal milk can in 2 hours for a run to the required 193F to distill.. it will then take another 2-3 hours to finish it off to the 206F for the tails!!!   I do it all the time.. leave it on high till temps are reached and run is done! The control is useless for a 1500W system!!

      On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Brendan Keith wrote:

          Get a  1500W, 120V element and one of these http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html

      Brendan Keith

      -----Original Message-----
      Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013    3:36 PM
      Subject: [new_distillers] Heat control

        Can anyone help with Ideas on immersion element heat control? I am    converting a 7 gallon keg and will use a 2000w heat source(hot water tank    element). A regular dimmer switch is only rated for 600w. The 2000w element is    210v. I am not that techy so any help would be great!

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic