44026Re: [new_distillers] Wild idea

  • Jeff Kimble
    Jul 30 3:00 PM
      I can tell you from personal experience it comes across VERY smoky..   I would try it with a small sample and taste it along the way.  A quart on charcoal, a quart on toasted oak, and pint untouched.

      On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 4:51 AM, captndan78 <captndan78@...> wrote:

      I'm new to this forum and have a sweet feed mash going now. I am also an avid BBQ'r. As such I make my own lump charcoal.. Red oak is all I use. The finished product is nearly pure carbon. So I had the idea to add the lump to the finished run or put the run over the lump as a filtering agent. Nuts?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic