43876Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning

  • Jim Graves
    Jun 16, 2013
      It just so happens that I do make bio diesel and I can use ethanol to make it with, but, BUT, the law says you still have to have a permit to make alcohol to make bio diesel.  Go figure....

      From: John Schaerer <johnschaerer@...>
      To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:15 AM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning

      If you have built your rig from scratch using typical plumbing components there is no way anywone can assume that it is a still

      From: fatbloke <fatbloke@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 6:09 PM

      Hum ? What do you say to that ?
      How about......no or get a warrant signed by a nice man.....called a federal judge
      Or just tell the email originator to clear off with their scaremongering email hoaxes shoved firmly up their backside........
      Or just...... sue me !
      Hopefull <hopefull_romantic@...> wrote:
      Hello,
              As many of you are probably already aware, the TTB (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau), which is the federal government agency that controls virtually all things related to alcohol, formally requested the list of sales of distillers, distillation columns, and boilers.  The request encompasses all sales of these products (and these products only- supplies and other equipment are not required to be documented) for the past three years, and quarterly reports from this point on.  This appears to have been an industry wide movement, as all of the major producers and distributors have received the same request.  We are contacting you to let you know that, based on your purchase date and the product(s) that you purchased, your information will be included on our list to the TTB.
              We have fielded a very large number of phone calls and e-mails asking what the TTB intends to do with this information.  This is something that we cannot answer.  There are many theories being discussed on various forums, including our own (http://www.brewhausforum.com/), however, they are not currently substantiated.  Even though it should not have a significant effect to those not using the equipment to distill alcohol or those who have already obtain proper licensing, it can still prove to be an inconvenience should the government act on the information.
              One possible positive side to this action is that it has energized many people who support hobby distillation (who are obviously the most concerned over the request), and there is now some movement to press for legalization of hobby distillation.  If you would be interested in supporting this movement, please visit our forum.
              While this is obviously beyond our control, we are sorry to be the bearer of such news.
                      Sincerely,
                      Brewhaus

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic