43793Re: [new_distillers] Re: Total Newbie here

  • Jeffrey Embry
    May 9, 2013
      Thanks,

      I will do that when I get home this evening.  I think the temp in the room is around is around 75 degreesbut haven't looked at the thrermometer.  I do have a fairly strong flashlight...so we shall see.  I am not opposed to learning from failure.

      Jeff

      On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM, local yokel <stridemiester@...> wrote:

      I don't see a reference to tempature in your post. The yeast packet will have maximum pitching temp and suggested fermenting temp. Both are important to monitor. If it's too cool things will happen very slowly or not at all. Most yeasts will take off fairly well at 75 to 80F. You can shine a strong flashlight beam into the wash and you should see some movement of bubbles. If not you will probably need give us the exact procedure and ingredients you used so we can help you troubleshoot why it's not going.

      --
      Jeff Embry, K3OQ
      FM19nb

      --
      Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.  - Sir Winston Churchill
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic