43619Re: What is the downside of quick distilling?

  • local yokel
    Mar 20 4:48 PM
      I'm not very familiar with the heating method you are considering, but I would think a double boiler type setup may give you better control of the BTU's being directed to the wash. Or even a steam kettle type setup if you can actually boil water.
      then you could vent or valve control the excess heat input to have a control progression of distillate to the condensing apparatus.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "richaaard" <richaaard@...> wrote:

      > Please bear with me (newbie). Since my plan is to use my solar vacuum tubes hot water heater (open tubes) to boil the mash and distill from there, can I run this at a quicker rate? There is no flame, and there is no heating element, so I don't run the risk of scorching. I think the biggest problem I face is a quick run since this mash will heat up very quickly and will essentially be 30 tubes boiling all at the same time. I can control it with a tarp covering but I'm thinking I might be able to go a little quicker than a pot or reflux still with less downside? The reason I'm asking this now is because the design of my distilling arm probably needs to be factored in now with these things in mind. Any suggestions or thought would be helpful. I'm trying to wrap my mind around this and there is no avaialable information out there.
      >
      > Richard

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic