      From: Mike <mikeraphael2000@...>
      To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 12:01 PM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: Noobie thoughts

      Possibly higher due to more amps used

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 1, 2013, at 9:21 AM, Fredrick Lee <fredrick@...> wrote:

      The amount of energy to run the still will not change. Your electric bill will probably remain the same.

      On Feb 28, 2013, at 11:18 PM, RLB <last2blast@...> wrote:

      I have a hot plate that cycles, but it was only used to melt solder.  Guess it's time to test it with my 2.5 gal pot still.  Hot plate is 110 V, whereas my kitchen range is 220v.  I should be able to cut my electric bill by using a hot plate if it works well.  Thanks Bob!

      Has anyone thought of using a blower with ethanol or methanol to heat a still such as in oil furnace like setup?

      Robert

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic