43391Re: ok

  • daryl_bee
    Feb 25, 2013
      This sounds like the time I added a heap of DAP (di-amonium phosphate) nutrient to a stuck 10 gallon ferment (stuck at about 12%) at near midnight. It seemed a reasonable idea at the time. The fermentor (totally open to add the DAP) was on the kitchen table inside a 2ft x 4ft x 3in catch tray. I was totally unprepared for the resulting "volcano". There must have been 4 cubic feet of frothing mash exiting the fermentor (do the math on the catch tray). It started like the Bellagio and subsided like a cascading 4 sided waterfall out of the fermentor, off the kitchen table and chairs onto the floor. Clean-up was like walking with moon boots given all the stickiness. I was in the dog-house for a while after that one.

      FWIW the bomb effect is due to rapid CO2 release out of solution. "A little DAP will do ya" :-)

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Donnie" <streetroddonnie@...> wrote:

      > I just tried a banana mash just 5 gal, thank god it was in my shower about 1:00am a big boom brought me up out of the bed lol I had banana mash all over the bath room what whint wrong added no shugar and used on pack of yeast the brew store give me what tha hell man ????????

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic