      From: Jim Graves <jimbull34@...>
      To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 3:21 PM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Quality Spirits

      Please make sure you let you product set overnight, uncovered (just a cloth over it) before you judge your end result.  I am running now and get in a 12 gal batch, about a quart of heads, three quarts hearts and the tails I stopped at 40% and got thee quarts of them.  A very destinctive smell from each of the three.  Today after letting them set over night, there is very little odor, smell, scent what ever you want to call it and a very destinctive taste between them.  I mix them all back together and make apple pie and it is running around 110-115% and boy is it GOOD!

      Moral of the story is: don't be to quick to say something is not up to your standards, and if it isn't, lower your standards!!!!!

      James D. Graves
      Ravenwood Solutions, llc.
      251-533-8569