      From: Jim Graves <jimbull34@...>
      To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 4:10 PM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ok

      Did you have it in a sealed, air tight, container?  Even with an airlock on it, the bananas produced too much gas for the airlock.  I don't know why everyone is sealing their mash's and putting airlocks on them.  I have made wine and booze for 45 years and never, NEVER, sealed a container and airlocked.  The mash needs air (oxygen) in order to function.  The airlocks are used after primary fermentation in the secondary fermentator to keep it from exploding, like yours did.  Try it in an open top container with just a towel over it...

      James D. Graves
      Ravenwood Solutions, llc.
      251-533-8569