      From: Mark <stagof7@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:46 PM
      Subject: [new_distillers] Just how dangerous is it?

      To take the plunge into distilling I got an alembic pot still with an alcohol burner as heat source. So far I've distilled a bit of water to try it out and check for leaks. A couple of people I've spoken to have warned me that the open flame alcohol burner is very dangerous. If I use tubing to direct the distillate from the condenser a foot or so from the flame is there really any danger?

      And "thank you" to all for the advice I've already received from the members here.

      Mark

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic