      From: Heath Dollar <justin_sewerman@...>
      To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:12 AM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: wheat taste

      Thank you for the advice I think I will add some corn and see where that takes me.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 22, 2013, at 3:31 PM, "ballard_bootlegger" <meriwetherdistilleries@...> wrote:

      Hi Justin,
      Sounds like a tasty grain bill. Both the wheat and the clean honey malt will give you a pretty dry, mellow flavor. If you want to add some sweetness throw in some corn, whole or flaked maize. If you want sweetness with a little spice try adding some rye, that's one of my favorite adjuncts.

      Drink Well,
      W.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Justin" wrote:

      > ok I made a 5 gallon mash of 50% honey malt and 50% wheat and stilled it out very slow and got about a half gallon of pretty decent high proof whiskey but the taste is kind of like bread dough with whiskey in it. is there any way that I can bring a little more sweet flavor into my whiskey?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic