43041Re: wheat taste

  • ballard_bootlegger
    Jan 22, 2013
      Hi Justin,
      Sounds like a tasty grain bill. Both the wheat and the clean honey malt will give you a pretty dry, mellow flavor. If you want to add some sweetness throw in some corn, whole or flaked maize. If you want sweetness with a little spice try adding some rye, that's one of my favorite adjuncts.

      Drink Well,

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Justin" wrote:
      > ok I made a 5 gallon mash of 50% honey malt and 50% wheat and stilled it out very slow and got about a half gallon of pretty decent high proof whiskey but the taste is kind of like bread dough with whiskey in it. is there any way that I can bring a little more sweet flavor into my whiskey?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic