      From: o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:21 PM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Aeration

      On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Fredrick Lee <fredrick@...> wrote:

      Aeration is always needed. The yeast cells will consume oxygen and end up cloning themselves. Sometime shortly after the oxygen runs out, they start fuckin, which leads to mutations. The more mutation, the less control you have, the less chance you'll make that one amazing recipe again.  I would use oxygenated yeast no more than 11 generations.

      Why 11?                       D

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic