42940Re: Long Fermentation

  • Ed Barcik
    Jan 7, 2013

      I have many long fermentations that go as long as 35 days. I use Turbo yeast but have very large ferments 110 liters and only use one bag of yeast although formula calls for 5 bags, found it unnecessary as long as you aerate and then just let it go. I’ve had one stuck ferment in 5+ years of this hobby. Temperature is certainly the key factor. Lower temps will extend the ferment quite a bit, I use a belt on my fermenter and keep the temp between 70 and 80F and when it starts to slow down, I generally shut it off depending on the hydrometer reading which I like going below .990

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic