      From: laxt57 <laxt57@...>
      To: new_distillers <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Nov 18, 2012 1:03 pm
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] PID Controller

      Hi
      Sure, simple as piece of cake.
      The number 9 and 10 terminals provide power to the PID
      (only for the PID not the heating element)
      The 6 and 7 terminals control a relay for some sort of device
      The 4 and 5 terminals are input from a thermocouple

      So, I assume you are using this to control a heating element?
      To make it work, you will need contactor(relay) big enough to run
      your heating element.
      Also you will need a thermocouple  and a heating element of course
      The thermocouple is polarity sensitive, so you need to connect it
      the right way round, that is if you are asking form hot and you get cold
      swap 4 and 5

      ----------------
      |               |   4---------------- Thermocouple +
      |     PID     |   5---------------  Thermocouple -
      |               |   6---------------  Contactor------------------- coil RELAY--------- heater
      |               |   7---------------- Contactor------------------- coil RELAY--------- heater
        9      10                                                            IN    IN
       AC    AC
        IN    IN

      Hope this helps
      Jeri