      From: "laxt57@..." <laxt57@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:58 AM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] PID Controller

      Hi
      Sure, simple as piece of cake.
      The number 9 and 10 terminals provide power to the PID
      (only for the PID not the heating element)
      The 6 and 7 terminals control a relay for some sort of device
      The 4 and 5 terminals are input from a thermocouple

      So, I assume you are using this to control a heating element?
      To make it work, you will need contactor(relay) big enough to run
      your heating element.
      Also you will need a thermocouple  and a heating element of course
      The thermocouple is polarity sensitive, so you need to connect it
      the right way round, that is if you are asking form hot and you get cold
      swap 4 and 5

      ----------------
      |               |   4---------------- Thermocouple +
      |     PID     |   5---------------  Thermocouple -
      |               |   6---------------  Contactor------------------- coil RELAY--------- heater
      |               |   7---------------- Contactor------------------- coil RELAY--------- heater
        9      10                                                            IN    IN
       AC    AC
        IN    IN

      Hope this helps
      Jeri

      -----Original Message----- From: grainbrewer <gavin_flett@...> To: new_distillers <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Sat, Nov 17, 2012 11:42 am Subject: [new_distillers] PID Controller

      I recently purchased a PID Controller. Not being at all familiar with electronics, I am having a very difficult time understanding the instructions. Is it possible for someone to read the instructions and translate them into lamens terms for me? Mostly I am unfamiliar with the wiring diagram and symbols. The PID is an Auberins SYL-2372 and I have a contacter to go with it model # CN-PBC302-120V.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic