42701Re: Pot still cap

  • johnjab01
    Oct 18 11:07 AM
      OK...I'm in the process of making my own cap. One question I have, should I have the cap discharge out the top, or out the side? I found a 6" dia copper bucket that I'm going to modify to fit, so the top of the cap will be the flat bottom of the bucket.

      I have seen stills discharge out the top & out the side. Which do you think is best, or does it really matter?

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, virgil hoskins <varminteater2003@...> wrote:
      > Good morning JJ
      > Well it looks like a high dollar fix to plug a hole that size,, would you be willing to cut the threaded area
      > out/ off and replate it with a 2in, threaded hole ?,, is the area rounded or flat?
      > if its flat you can have the hole tapped already before installing it,
      > if it is a round area, the plate may have to be installed first then taped/ well or soldered in place
      > to form with the curved area,, and i dont like the idea of using brass in a still ,,copper or stainless only
      > let us know what you come up with,,do you have a machine shop close to you?
      > they will tap your 2in, hole pretty fast ,
      > virgil
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic