42143Re: [new_distillers] Re: Crushing barley

  • o1bigtenor
    Mar 10, 2012
      On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM, made_it_myself
      <doctorlawrencebrown@...> wrote:

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, TODP <danimae@...> wrote:
      >>

      >>   Made_it_myself... if your into doing it yourself.. try a mortar and
      >> pestal.. or more commonly ... a good hammer on concrete and sweep up the
      >> fractured barley..
      >>
      > Do you think I should do one at a time or maybe speed it up but hitting two or three at a time? ;-)

      I have an attachment available for either my KitchenAId or my
      Electrolux Assistent for rolling grain - - perhaps you might look into
      those (less than $75 CDN is what I'm remembering!).

      It will be a lot of work to do it using any of the ways suggested
      here. I'm on a farm and a roller mill is actually a tool that I own
      and your 100# of barley would be a matter of a few minutes work - -
      its more work to clean up afterward!!!

      Darald
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic