      From: John Brase <jbrase@...>;
      To: <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>;
      Cc: adam <bluwater2828@...>;
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Mash Press
      Sent: Thu, Sep 1, 2011 10:55:09 AM

      You might check into finishing oil designed to be used on food contact wood surfaces. I think it is sometimes referred to as "salad bowl finish." Any woodworking hobby store should have it.

      On 8/31/2011 11:07 PM, adam wrote:

      Built a press out of red oak wood and want to seal it. Anyone know if the wash juice ie the ethanol etc in it will leach out anything harmful if I coat in epoxy resin or polyeurthene ? I've got some bar counter top epoxy I was thinking might be ok.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic