      From: Derek Hamlet <derekhamlet@...>;
      To: <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Mash Press
      Sent: Thu, Sep 1, 2011 5:22:34 AM

      Why seal??
      My press is now 60 years old and I know the ak stave sides (probably
      white oak have never seen a sealant. Yes they are stained, but I do
      metabi them at then end of the season let it sit for two days then
      rinse thoroughly.
      At 08:07 PM 8/31/2011, you wrote:

      >Built a press out of red oak wood and want to seal it. Anyone know
      >if the wash juice ie the ethanol etc in it will leach out anything
      >harmful if I coat in epoxy resin or polyeurthene ? I've got some bar
      >counter top epoxy I was thinking might be ok.

      Derek
      I've traveled a long way
      And some of the roads weren't paved

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic