41157Re: [new_distillers] Re: Commerical Dome Lid That will fit a DeLaval 5Gal Milk Pail

  • Carl E Kennedy
    Jul 9 1:32 AM
      I'm not a still owner as yet. Still in the initial Hmmm thinking stage.
      So I'm doing my research right now to find out the pro's and con's
      Which is what brought me to this group.

      I retired and moved to Thailand 5 years ago but I remember quite
      a few years back I was in a large warehouse type retail outlet
      Costco, Sams Club etc) and bought a set of stainless steel bowls.
      12 or 15 different sizes that all fit into one another (nesting type)
      Things like that fascinate me. Never used them, gave them away
      when I left USA. They would probably be perfect for this app, if
      one was right size of course.

      If no longer available in Costco SC you might find them in a restaurant
      supply house. Just a thought...................

      On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 10:08 PM, <johnreid@...> wrote:

      I got a response from Mile Hi saying their domed lid will not fit the DeLaval pails.

      Saw a great video clip on Youtube on making a copper top for a turkey fryer. he clearly is an artist, but I'm willing to give it a try. another possible option is a photo I saw here from a guy in Blackfoot Idaho. looks like a stainless steel bowl the fits the top of the pail and is held in place by some type of screw down mechanism. I'm trying to reach him now. I will let you know what I learn.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robbie Mabry <robbie46@...> wrote:

      > I'm in the same boat. I have a milk can just like yours also without a
      > top. I saw one on the mile high site that looks like it might fit and am
      > waiting for them to reply to my email with the size. You might have a look
      > at their site.
      >
      > Robbie
      >
      > On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM, johnreid46
      > <johnreid@...>wrote:

      > > **
      > >

      > > First post. A real newbie. So far just reading, thinking, and watching
      > > video clips on YouTube. Just got a DeLaval 5Gal SS milk pail. To minimize me
      > > screwing things up from the start, is there a commerically built domed lid
      > > that would fit the DeLaval pail? It would make starting all of this that
      > > much easier for me. If not, any suggestions on how to build a good fitting
      > > top for it?
      > > Thanks and have an easy day of it.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic