41127Re: Commerical Dome Lid That will fit a DeLaval 5Gal Milk Pail

    Jun 30, 2011
      Hi Guys,

      Depending on your welding/soldering skills, the easiest way would be to
      make a custom made top with a cutout for your head. If not, then just
      bring it to any metal crafting shop and they can do it for you. I would
      suggest a copper top custom made rather than a stainless steel one.

      JB aka Waldo.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robbie Mabry <robbie46@...>
      > I'm in the same boat. I have a milk can just like yours also without
      > top. I saw one on the mile high site that looks like it might fit and
      > waiting for them to reply to my email with the size. You might have a
      > at their site.
      > Robbie
      > On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM, johnreid46
      > johnreid@...wrote:
      > > **
      > >

      > > First post. A real newbie. So far just reading, thinking, and
      > > video clips on YouTube. Just got a DeLaval 5Gal SS milk pail. To
      minimize me
      > > screwing things up from the start, is there a commerically built
      domed lid
      > > that would fit the DeLaval pail? It would make starting all of this
      > > much easier for me. If not, any suggestions on how to build a good
      > > top for it?
      > > Thanks and have an easy day of it.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic