40784Re: Whiskey

  • The Piro
    Apr 5, 2011
      I was never overly impressed with the Essences for Scottish whiskeys, but then I am a Scot.

      However the Essences for Irish and Canadian whiskies go down just fine and the lady of the house really goes for the Kentucky and Tennessee Bourbons made with Essences. Now crème de menthe made from Essence and served over ice is nice to sip in bed.

      Pyro

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "grandview06 tds.net" <Grandview06@...> wrote:

      > Thanks JB
      >
      > Do you need the flavoring or can you do it with oak chips and glucose?
      >

      > On 4/4/11, jamesonbeam1 <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:
      > > Iker,
      > >
      > > There are plenty of different essences around for flavoring vodka. They
      > > use them a great deal in New Zealand. Not sure about a "decent" whiskey
      > > though. Google "liquor flavoring essences" and you will get all
      > > different brands. Liquor Quik Essences has Jack Daniels flavors for
      > > whiskey along with Jim Beam Bourbon. Have never tried them though.
      > >
      > > JB. aka Waldo.
      > >
      > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Iker" <Grandview06@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Is it possible to make a decent whiskey from a neutral spirit or mabe
      > > a brandy I would like to do more with it then just making a vodka.
      > >>
      > >> Thanks

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic