4077Re: (no subject)

  • moonshiyner
    May 31, 2002
      --- In new_distillers@y..., "brewhausinc" <rmorris@b...> wrote:
      > This is a CYA (cover your @ss) statement. If you never use hot
      > water, then you never need to be concerned about shattering due to
      > thermal shock.
      >
      > Us the same common sense as with any glass- don't go from a cold
      > state and use hot water. I use extremely hot water with mine, I
      just
      > make sure to add some warm water first.
      >
      > Rick
      >
      > --- In new_distillers@y..., SSTOLI123@a... wrote:
      > > My glass Carboys say right on the bottom do not apply heat!

      G'day
      this message reminds me of a very painfull lesson I learned a while
      back.
      The time I had 2 carboys full of 80% spirit that was so bloody cold
      I couldn't get a decent reading.
      So being the impatient bastard I sometimes am, decided to warm them
      up in a tub of warm water.
      I almost cried when the glass shattered and I had to pull the plug
      on 10 litres of spirit.
      silly thing is, if i had of thought of what I was doing before I did

      Doug
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic