40756Re: fermenting 600 litres plus

    Apr 1, 2011
      Another thing Bossy,

      For large fermentations, they also use stirrers that keep the
      fermentation in continuous motion.. If I remember right, you have a
      commercial rum distillery in the Seychelles Islands - you should pay
      them a visit and watch their operation - get some insight on a large
      operation....

      JB.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesonbeam1" <jamesonbeam1@...>
      wrote:

      > 600 Liters hey?
      >
      > Hope you bought a larger still then that little alembic you have lol.
      > As long as you add sufficient nutrients and yeast, it really should
      > ferment about the same. If you think how the commercial guys do it -
      > fermenting 1000s of gallons at a time, the whiskey makers here do that
      > in less then 5 days. Just think large scale - what type of fermenter
      > are you using for that much? The commercial distillers have cooling
      > pipes running through their fermenters - you may also have to think
      > about that.
      >
      > So Bossy, with your license are you planning on bottling your product
      > and selling it commercially?
      >
      > JB. aka Waldo.
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bravo" bravoseychelles@
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > hi there my good friends
      > > as i move to ferment bigger mashes
      > > before i make a expensive mistakes
      > > would a 600plus liter ferment behave same a a 200liter mash
      > >
      > > would u add naything special
      > > thanks for the advise

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic