39453Re: strong yeast odor after fermentation

  • Myrrdin69
    Oct 13, 2010
      Thanks for your answer. Never had a Problem with Rum, then again I was using a sugar/molasses mixture.

      Since this wash is supposed to becaome "neutral" in smell, I just used a pure sugar wash. However now I am experiencing the smell more like fresh baked bread.

      I also waited to end of fermentation - at least i think i did according to my SG readings - and racked the whole thing once. After that and rest period of half a day it was syphened into the SSPot.

      I wish there were some bread ready to eat... ;-)

      myrrdin

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Shot Man" <shotman@...> wrote:

      > Hi Myrrdin and Zymurgy Bob,
      > The only time I had a strong yeast smell and taste was my very first batch. It was a Rum wash so almost a sugar wash. I had read just dump everything in the fermenter after it fermented. I did and immediately seen all the trub at the bottom pour in with the good stuff on top. Ran it twice and couldn't get the smell and taste out. Now I siphon everything and leave any sloids or different color in the fermenter. That's with Rum, Suger or Corn. Haven't had that problem any more. Maybe your problem or not but what happened to me.
      > Have a great day,
      > shotman

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic