39448Re: newbie questions

  • Sid Rains
    Oct 12, 2010
      Hi Farmer,
      Personally I would not attempt to control head temp by adjusting the
      input power. Attempting to get good product by adjust both the input
      power and the take off rate is quite a juggling act given that both
      effect the reflux ratio and mass balance. I think it is far easier to
      supply a fixed about of power at the bottom and adjust product
      composition via the amount of reflux i.e. how slowly you take product
      off.
      You do need to be mindful of how much power you are going to put in
      the bottom after you have things boiling, but that is where you have
      to experiment.
      Regards, Sid.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic