39213Re: Confused

    Aug 11, 2010
      Lol yes Royce,

      Know what ass out of u and me means. Just run it slow and careful -
      watch as the ABV drops and use your smell and tastes. You will soon
      learn not to rely on temps so much.

      If your coffee maker is designed like mine, taking off the plastic
      bottom will expose the wiring to the perculator controls and thermostat.
      Mine has a white wire (ground) from the plug to the thermostat and
      another white wire below it going to the heater coil. By just wrapping
      a stripped electrical wire between the 2 white grounds, it will override
      the themostat and produce constant heat to provide continuous boiling.
      Even though its just from that little center indentation for the
      perculator stem, its enough to provide a constant stream of distillate
      for stripping. Unfortunately, unless you connect an external variac or
      variable control, there is no way to adjust the heat.

      I just drilled a 5/8" hole in the top for the 1/2" riser and lyne arme.
      By taking off that glass viewer on top, I can take out the spent wash
      from the bottom coffee spigot and just funnel in fresh wash on top and
      replace it (use a little bit of plumbers putty to keep it air tight).

      Can strip about 6 gallons of wash in 4 1/2 hours or so.

      JB.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Royce Thigpen <fireside58@...>
      wrote:

      > I will. I assume (you know what that means) that you run the
      spirit run as
      > before, down to a low ABV and make the cuts in smaller batches. I
      am very
      > interested in how you worked the coffee maker. I happen to have
      one on the
      > shelf that doesn't work properly for making coffee, but I might can
      make it work
      > without much trouble. It is a 100 cup perculator type.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic