39212Re: [new_distillers] Re: Confused

  • Royce Thigpen
    Aug 11, 2010
      I will. I assume (you know what that means) that you run the spirit run as before, down to a low ABV and make the cuts in smaller batches.  I am very interested in how you worked the coffee maker.  I happen to have one on the shelf that doesn't work properly for making coffee, but I might can make it work without much trouble.  It is a 100 cup perculator type.

      From: jamesonbeam1 <jamesonbeam1@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, August 11, 2010 11:26:44 AM
      Subject: [new_distillers] Re: Confused

      Nope Royce,

      If you already got rid of the foreshots then no need to again. Since
      your still seems to have so much internal reflux in it, I might want to
      dilute it more down to 20% or so and try that.

      Otherwise sounds good.

      JB.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Royce Thigpen <fireside58@...>
      wrote:

      > I have just finished my last run of the peach wash. I have collected,
      all total
      > and put together, one gallon of about 35% ABV. My intent is to run all
      of it
      > again slower and collect batches. Do I still throw out the first 100
      ml as
      > before? I also intend to add some distilled water to it to add volume
      to the
      > pot. Is this the correct way to make a spirit run?

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic