38789Re: the summer is here.

    Jun 6, 2010
      JD,

      You should never keep your primary fermentation on the trub or "lees"
      for a long period of time. This will contribute to off-flavors from the
      decaying yeast and stuff. Any wine maker will tell you to "rack" or
      siphon off you liquid from the trub into an air tight secondary
      fermenter with an air lock if your going to keep it for more than a few
      weeks....

      JB.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "JD" <jeandenis308@...> wrote:

      > yes, i am from the upper regions of europe yes.
      > i keep my where abouts in a mist if you dont mind.
      > under the concept "dont sell , dont tell" and, dont meet and greet.
      >
      > Sorry to hear about the ac breaking,luckly its fixed now.
      >
      > i now found out that most of the yeast is on the bottom of the
      fermentor. so i put them now in a lower bucket with a few rocks in it an
      filled with water.
      > it helps a little but not very much, maybe just enough.
      >
      > Greetz, as in,
      > De Groeten
      >
      > JD
    • Show all 39 messages in this topic