37951Re: Going to build

  • fred081646
    Feb 14 5:41 PM
      I am in the process of building Harry's cross flow condenser for my still. I have a 5' column with 24 ss scrubbers and am planning on running about 900 watts in a 15 gal beer keg. I don't want to make the condenser to small. It is too much work to throw away. Plus I may want to use it on another still with more wattage later. I just wondered what length 1/4" tubes others were using for an all around condenser.
      Thank You Fred

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "ric" <richutchings@...> wrote:

      > Friend; I don't want to appear as saying my way is the only way; in fact
      > it's not my way, many other greater brains have worked this out so I can
      > only show you what they have come up with, but it is the simplest to
      > construct and operate, with the bonus that your product path is never
      > contaminated by foreshots heads or tails.
      > have fun [LM VM schematic] (If you need more guidance please ask)
      >
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rbroaders" <brud1136@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am thinking about building this still as well.I am confused as to
      > what is "VM takeoff" I cant seem to fine any pictures or diagrams. Am I
      > missing something?

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic