37519Re: Apple Pie Recipe Anyone?

  • pint_o_shine
    Jan 1, 2010
      This is the best combo I have found.

      Credit to DunderHead
      4 cans frozin apple juce ,1 tabs apple pie spice ( 1 tea cinnamon--1/4 nutmeg-1/4 allspice) 1 qt clear "vodka", , top with water to 1 gal ,add sugar to taste (brown sugar can be used)
      (if you Heat juice with spice it will taste more like "cooked" apple pie) let sit for day, strain threw coffee filter

      > Hi all,
      > Hope everybody had a great New Years (and thanks Harry for the fireworks
      > !).
      > Anyways, a friend of mine in the steel industry, was talking to some
      > Southern, redneck buddies about moonshine and they mentioned they would
      > love to get some of that "Apple Pie" shine.
      > They said its a real favorite down here in the Southern US during these
      > holidays and tastes just like a fresh baked apple pie (only a bit more
      > on the ethanol side). My first instinct was to make an apple cider
      > must, distill, and then macerate it with cinnamon sticks and chunked up
      > nutmeg. But then decided there would'nt be enough apple flavor so my
      > second thought was taking some neutral and macerating with the cinnamon
      > and nutmeg, then cutting with some apple juice concentrate.
      > Anyone have any other ideas or done this before?
      > Vino es Veritas,
      > Jim aka Waldo.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic