37514Apple Pie Recipe Anyone?

    Jan 1, 2010
      Hi all,

      Hope everybody had a great New Years (and thanks Harry for the fireworks
      !).

      Anyways, a friend of mine in the steel industry, was talking to some
      Southern, redneck buddies about moonshine and they mentioned they would
      love to get some of that "Apple Pie" shine.

      They said its a real favorite down here in the Southern US during these
      holidays and tastes just like a fresh baked apple pie (only a bit more
      on the ethanol side). My first instinct was to make an apple cider
      must, distill, and then macerate it with cinnamon sticks and chunked up
      nutmeg. But then decided there would'nt be enough apple flavor so my
      second thought was taking some neutral and macerating with the cinnamon
      and nutmeg, then cutting with some apple juice concentrate.

      Anyone have any other ideas or done this before?

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim aka Waldo.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic