36991Re: peatreek tips (was heavy peat malt source)

  • waljaco
    Oct 8, 2009
      Peat is quite varied as to the source plants even in Scotland. I suspect the phenols in the smoke is what is relevant. For the home distiller possibly any good garden peat would do the job?
      wal

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "duds2u" <taylormc@...> wrote:

      > You could try asking a Tasmanian distillery www.larkdistillery.com.au/ to seewhere they get theirs.
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Smith <praxis178@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've done a bit of Googling to try and find a source that will deliver to Australia, but so far not had much luck with UK/Irish sources.....
      > >
      > > It does come in nice compact bales now (~30Lbs/bale), but delivery is going to be a killer!
      > >
      > > P. who will keep looking as time permits. <grin>

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic