      From: socoinsga <judy_doug_dombrowski@...>
      Subject: [new_distillers] Proofing yeast
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com

      Hey all,

      I've been baking for many years, certain recipes call for proofing yeast(adding a little sugar during activation), my question is, is there any advantage to doing for fermenting? I've tried this with EC 1118 and the initial effect is the same, alot of foam. I've been told that this increases early yeast production, in bread it makes quicker rise and textures like french or cuban bread, with big bubbles baked in. I'm currently trying this in a hybrid MUM wash that I just started yesterday, If this works I'm going to try it in a scratch grain recipe I'm working on. Even with cooking I'm having a problem with bacteria infections. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Get more done like never before with Yahoo!7 Mail. Learn more.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic