36712Re: Hi

  • tgfoitwoods
    Sep 2, 2009
      Hi Mad Hatter,

      Yup, it's a "raft pump" I've been talking about. Sorry I didn't make that more clear. On my particular pump, a Coleman, there are a couple of plastic adapters that lock into the pump's outlet hole, and one of them is a perfect fit to have standard vinyl hose pushed *inside* the adapter, so snugly it would probably stay without silicone seal. I sealed it anyway.

      I can't tell you the nominal size of that hose, but it fits exactly *over* the 3/8" copper of the wand. I use a hose clamp to secure it there.

      Although I'm still kinda new at angel blasting, I've been using between 5 and 10 minutes. You can smell the hotter, lighter fractions in the vapor blown out of your jug/carboy, and the process really does smooth your spirit. Also, if you later want more smoothing, you can do it again.

      Hope this helps.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jazzdoren2k3" <jazzvandoren@...> wrote:

      > Geez, I feel so stupid. I've read the term airbed in so many posts about the angel blasting and kept thinking "airbed" pump was something else for the aquarium. Finally it dawned on me - we're talking about the "oversized raft" commonly used in camping...or on my bunk in my rig!! Now I know exactly what we're talking about. My question now becomes - I know the output nozzle is approximately 3/4" on the battery powered pump we have on the truck...what do you recommend for reducing that to the 3/8" that you said I should use on the copper tubing?
      >
      > I know I saw someone say 10 minutes if doing it in a blender -- how long should I do it with the airbed pump? Since it's said that it will reduce the ABV, I was thinking (and correct me if I'm wrong in my thoughts) to angel blast an undiluted product, then measure the ABV and dilute down from there...?
      >
      > Thanks for the clarifications. I needed an excuse to buy one of those pumps anyways!
      >
      > --Mad Hatter
      >
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tgfoitwoods" <zymurgybob@> wrote:

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic