36492Re: Ignorance WAS bliss...

  • burrows206
    Aug 4, 2009
      Hi,
      Give a man enough knowledge to know what yeast is and how to use it and he'll be pissed for a lifetime and rich enough (while sobering up) to know how to how to keep everyone else pissed while he fleeces them and stays rich for a lifetime

      regards Geoff (who's absolutely pissed right now on this red winy stuff but hey struth wot the hell it's cheap and I'm breaking self imposed forum rules now sorry guys )
      Geoff

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Steve Spence <steve@...> wrote:

      > Aren't certain yeasts more tolerant of higher alcohol levels than
      > others? I was told that wine yeasts do not get killed off as quickly,
      > allowing a higher percentage of alcohol.
      >

      > Steve Spence
      > Renewable energy and self sufficiency
      > http://www.green-trust.org
      > http://makingthewebwork.blogspot.com/
      >

      > jamesonbeam1 wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Cest,
      > >
      > > Frankly, considering the amount of bread which the world consumes and
      > > makes on a daily basis, versus the amount of beers, wines and other
      > > alcholic imbibments made and consumed with the hundreds of different
      > > strains of beer, wine, turbo and other types of yeasts, I would offer to
      > > suggest its a supply/demand factor.
      > >
      > > Tis almost certain that the amount of Baker's yeast sold around the
      > > world, outweighs these specialty yeasts demands by at least a factor of
      > > 1000 to 1 or more.
      > >
      > > You might want to research the quantity of bread eaten per day, per
      > > person versus the average quantity of alcoholic beverages consumed per
      > > person, per day... Of course, members of this site and Advanced
      > > Distiller's must not be included in this survey, since we would
      > > definitely skew the over all numbers.... :)
      > >
      > > Vino es Veritas,
      > >
      > > Jim aka Waldo.
      > >
      > > "Give a man a loaf of bread and he will eat for a day - Teach a man to
      > > grow grain and he will be feed for a lifetime. " *Author - Lao Tzu
      > > *
      > >
      > > "Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I eat for a
      > > lifetime. " * Author - Robert Louis Stevenson
      > > *
      > >
      > > "Give a man a loaf of bread; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to
      > > grow grain and fish and by Geezzz, he will start making shine and sit
      > > in a boat with a fishin pole over the side gettin drunk every
      > > day." * Author - Jim Beam*
      > >

      > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "cestujici2" <cestujici2@> wrote:

      > >> Accepting this as true, and I don't dispute that it most probably is
      > > true, the question remains: why is it true? Simple market economics of
      > > supply and demand? Or does brewing yeast demand a better standard of
      > > living? Why should some yeast be costlier than others?

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic