36468Re: Cognac Grapes...

    Aug 3 9:51 AM

      Welp heck Baker,

      As usual ya'll Aussies always have to go your own way LOL....

      To me a dried grape is a friggin raisin - as it is to most of the world:

      Raisins are dried grapes. They are produced in many regions of the world, such as Armenia, the United States, Australia, Chile, Argentina, Macedonia, Mexico, Greece, Syria, Turkey, India, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, China, Afghanistan, Togo, and Jamaica, as well as South Africa and Southern and Eastern Europe. Raisins may be eaten raw or used in cooking and bakinghttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raisin

      Although, Im sure someone like Wal will have a different scope on this subject... ;)

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim aska Waldo.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gff_stwrt" <gff_stwrt@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Jim and folks,
      >
      > That's the difference, you see. In Australia the dried fruit of the sultana is not called a raisin but -- wait for it -- a SULTANA!
      > The dried fruit we call a raisin is generally from a larger grape, quite often a Waltham Cross or perhaps (memory a bit uncerain) Gordo Blanco or others the names of which I don't know.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > The Baker

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jamesonbeam1" jamesonbeam1@ wrote:
      > >

      > > Yuppers Baker,
      > >
      > > Well aware that the Sultanas and the Thompson's seedless rasins are one
      > > in the same - when the Sultanas are dried, they are indeed called
      > > "raisins. [;)]
      _____snip

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic