35985Two whiskey mash questions

  • billfitz49
    Jul 2, 2009
      1. I want to use backset in my second whiskey mash, more than is needed to adjust the pH for the enzymes. But the problem is, if I use too much, the BA-100 and GA-100 enzymes may not work well. Is it acceptable to do the enzyme conversion first and then add more backset?

      2. Which grains and/or flours can be boiled and not add bad tastes? My next mash will be 6.6 kg corn meal, 3.4 kg whole grain rye flour and 3.6 kg sugar. Can I boil the rye flour and corn together for 15 or 20 minutes or could this affect the taste negatively?

      Thanks,
      Bill
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic