35940Newbe Question

  • canadianguy236
    Jun 30, 2009
      Hi Group

      I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with. I have a
      PDA-1 with the column extension and have ran a couple of washes through it, using a wheat germ receipt of Mason's, I started at around 9:00am and finished around 7:00pm running it up to 204 degrees. I collected approx 1/2 a gallon of very clear product but this seems like a very long time to me to make a run? It takes about 2 hours to get it up to 172 degrees even pre-heating it on the stove first to around 140 degrees, I'm using a 1500 watt hot plate and it's putting out around 2-3 drops per second for the most part. Is this normal? I'm running it with the needle valve wide open as well.

      I didn't take out the forshot's or the heads as I plan on deluting it to 40% and running it again to clean it up.
      Does anyone have any suggestions? or is this just the nature of the beast?

      Thanks,

      Mark
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic