35075Re: Crossflow VM/LM still - Suggestions welcome

  • landrover_ffr
    Apr 30, 2009
      > LM can be taken off from the x-flow shell. Works great.

      Good idea. I'd had though about building in a hot well originally but got sidetracked by the VM head. I might have to remove a couple of the tubes but shouldn't be a problem.

      > You dont mention a collar to center the reflux over the packing.
      Some recommend one some dont. For my 2" column I found it helped.

      I had been thinking of placing an LM head under the VM to handle the returning condensate. I might need to do something. Can I return the reflux down the centre of the VM tee?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic