32495Re: Caring for internal elements

  • rye_junkie1
    Dec 4, 2008

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc" <abbababbaccc@>
      > wrote:
      >

      > > That's right. Either 1000W without insulation or that 625W element
      > > and good insulation. People have used cheap sleeping pads made of
      > > foam quite succesfully, cut to fit and duct tape together. Another
      > > good option is floor insulation foam that is used with floor heating
      > > systems - it tolerates reasonable amount of heat and insulates quite
      > > well. Rockwool is also efficient but PITA to work with. Then we have
      > > self adhesive materials used for sound suppression and the list goes
      > > on - go to your local HW store or cheap mart and start looking around.
      > >
      > > Cheers, Riku
      > >

      > Cheapest ($5-$10) and most successful solution for small boilers is a
      > windshield sun protector. Wrap it around & tape in place. It reflects
      > all the heat back into the boiler.
      >
      > [No Frost Windscreen Protector]

      <http://www.cheapcat.com/scripts/forward.php?name=No+Frost+Windscreen+Pr\

      otector&merchant=Grand+Prix+Legends&product=EUX003(GPL_BaseCatalog)&stre\
      > am=ccp>
      >

      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry

      I would never have thought of the windshield thingy. My wife has one
      almost like that in her trunk that she never uses. Mine now. Shiny
      side to the boiler right?
      Thanks to the both of you for the ideas.

      Mason
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic