32487Re: Caring for internal elements

  • rye_junkie1
    Dec 4, 2008
      <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:

      > Mason, my recommendation was indeed for 2" column - I forgot you had
      > such a small one :) Anyway, even with 500W aim you'll have to take
      > into account the heat losses - typically close to 500W for
      > uninsulated 25 liters SS vessel.
      >
      > Cheers, Riku

      So if I understand you correctly, with my currently uninsulated 7.5
      gallon boiler a 1000 watt element may be necessary to compensate for
      heat loss at the boiler? I realize there are a bunch of variables in
      this game but I want to make sure i am understanding the basics as I
      make the Hobby more technical.
      To add to this, what would be a good insulation to use for the boiler?
      I know a couple of beach towels and some duct tape would help but
      there has to be a "Good and Reasonable" solution.
      Thanks.

      Mason
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic