29592Re: 4th corn mesh

  • rye_junkie1
    Jun 1, 2008
      I have been trying prepare myself for a full grain mesh. What
      should
      > > my next step be in preparing for a full grain mesh?
      > >

      > > The best for last
      > > BILL1BURP

      Hey Bill,
      I would consider the next step to be a flaked grain mash. From what I
      understand you are pretty close to Rick/Brewhaus and he has the
      ingredients to do it. I don't know that I would go with the whole
      cracked corn thing yet but if you wanted to put the money into it you
      could do an all malt whiskey. 10lbs of cracked barley malt would make
      a nice whiskey for aging. You would just heat your water to 155F add
      in the malt stir well and let it rest for 90 min. Then you have the
      option to bring it to boil (I probably wouldn't) to kill off any wild
      yeasts and disinfect or just chill it to below 100F and pitch your
      yeast. I would use the prestige AG Yeast. Double distill and maybe
      even try out Harry's "Peatreek" essence recipe. This would be a good
      whiskey to age in that new premium BBL you picked up. Just a thought.
      I have a small amount of experience with grain washes and all have
      been successful ferments. Cant really say the same on the still side
      but I am getting better. If you need any help let me know. You know
      how to reach me.

      Mason
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic