25431Re: Corn Whiskey Recipes

  • toddk63
    Dec 3, 2007
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, jhauser88@... wrote:

      > Instead of using malt can I use a lot of beano I'm out of malt, and
      have to make more in the time I'm going to experiment with beano,
      please bear with me my computer broke and I'm using my cell phone
      > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      Short answer ...No.. Beano (glucodiase) works works much slower than
      amylase. I would predict if you tried only Beano, you would get lousy
      conversion. This is just my educated opinion. I have never tried
      this. If your doing this in the name of science and don't mind a
      failed experiment...go for it..We would all like to hear your results

      Todd K.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic